Cagey's Planet is proud to be 100% sweatshop, forced labour and child labour free. With a strong stance on social responsibility, all of the people who made our garments received fair pay and working conditions.
Along with that, Cagey's Planet strongly believes in sustainability and taking care of our planet for future generations. Our runs are limited and kept to a minimum, with the hope to encourage people to support local, ethical businesses where possible and to promote slow fashion.
Our aim is to provide good quality products, that will last for more than one season, and where the beginning to end process is transparent - so you can be confident you are buying ethical clothing. If you have any questions feel free to drop us a line!
What does ethical clothing actually mean?
For Cagey's Planet, there are three components to being ethical - the human aspect, the animal welfare aspect and environmental aspect. Here's a bit more about our promise.
For the humans:
- Fair work and pay conditions
- Work is freely chosen meaning no slave labour
- Safe and healthy workplaces
- Access to onsite medical care
- Reasonable working hours
For the animals:
- All our products have been certified cruelty-free by PETA
- We do not partake in animal testing
- We do not use any animal derived ingredients including in our packaging
- We donate money to animal welfare organisations such as WIRES
- We are part of ALV's Ethical Community supporting their work to end animal exploitation
For the planet:
- All our products are plastic free
- All orders are sent via a 100% carbon neutral delivery service
- We use compostable mailers (shout out to Rethink Packaging)
- We partner with organisations such as Greenfleet to plant native trees
- Our products are screen printed use non-toxic inks
(Factory in Melbourne where our socks are made)
A bit more about our products:
- Our tote bags are made from 100% organic cotton using renewable energy only
- They are climate neutral and Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified
- Our socks are proudly made in Melbourne by an ECA accredited company
- They are also an ISO 9001 certified manufacturer
- Workers who made our tees received 24 hour access to medical clinics + free health care
- They also received free access to medications, vaccinations and preventative screenings
- Our local screen printer uses non-phthalate plastisol and non-toxic inks
- Our cross-body bags are from a WRAP certified manufacturer
- Most fabric waste generated has a second life used to fill furniture or soft toys
We know that there is more that needs to be done, in terms of taking care or and supporting humans, animals and our planet, which is why with each collection we raise awareness on global issues and rise money for local charities (see our Giving Back page for more).