Cagey's Planet is proud to be 100% sweatshop, forced labour and child labour free. We are committed to ethical social responsibility meaning all of the people who made our garments received fair pay and working conditions.
We strongly believe in sustainability and taking care of our planet for future generations. Our runs are limited and kept to a minimum, and hope to encourage people to support local, ethical labels and promote slow fashion.
Our aim is to provide high quality products, that will last for more than one season, where the beginning to end process is transparent - so you can be confident you are buying ethical clothing.
What does ethical clothing actually mean?
For Cagey's Planet, there are three components to being an ethical clothing label - the human aspect, animal welfare aspect and environmental aspect. Here's a bit more about what that means to us, our label and for the people who make our clothes.
For the humans:
- Fair work and pay conditions
- Work is freely chosen meaning no slave labour
- Safe and healthy workplaces
- Access to onsite medical care
- Reasonable working hours
For the animals:
- All our products have been certified cruelty-free by PETA
- We do not partake in animal testing
- We do not use any animal derived ingredients including in our packaging
- We donate money to animal welfare organisations such as WIRES
- We are part of ALV's Ethical Community supporting their work to end animal exploitation
For the planet:
- All our products are plastic free
- All orders are sent via a 100% carbon neutral delivery service
- We use compostable mailers
- We partner with organisations such as Greenfleet to plant trees
- Our products are printed use non-toxic inks
(Factory in Melbourne where our socks are made)
A bit more about our products:
- Our tote bags are made from 100% organic cotton using renewable energy only
- They are climate neutral and Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified
- Our socks are proudly made in Melbourne by an ECA accredited company
- They are also an ISO 9001 certified manufacturer
- Workers who made our tees received 24 hour access to medical clinics and free health care
- They also received free access to medications, vaccinations and preventative screenings
- Our local screen printer uses non-phthalate plastisol and non-toxic inks
- Our cross-body bags are from a WRAP certified manufacturer
- Most fabric waste generated has a second life used to fill furniture or soft toys
We know that there is more that needs to be done, in terms of taking care or and supporting humans, animals and our planet, which is why with each collection we raise awareness on global issues and rise money for local charities (see our Giving Back page for more).